Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday In Bloom

A scorcher Sunday!  Man oh man, it’s the kind of oppressive heat that you just don’t stay in for long.  I took my pictures as quickly as I could and came back in.  Several of my pictures were kind of washed out, and my daughter and I think a haze might have developed on the lens, like what happens to your sunglasses when you go from cool air conditioned air to the hot, humid outdoors. 

I had to laugh at the “no rain for 2 hours” thing.  Less than an hour later, we were getting buckets dumped on us.  Which was good for the plants, but it didn’t break the heat any.

ACCU 2016-07-24 Phone

I’m losing more pansies.  I have come to the conclusion that one of the packs I picked up was probably diseased or something, because near as I can recall, all the dead/dying ones are from the same pack.  It just seems like it’s been a much rougher season plant-wise than in years past.  We will marshal on though.  There’s just a couple months left, three at best. 

Overall, things seem okay.  The lilies are fading now, but the things I deadheaded last week are now beginning to bloom again.  The new plants I put in the ground this season seem to be doing well, so that’s a relief. 

07-24-2016 GW12 (5)

This is still my happy pot.  I love the graceful lines of it.

07-24-2016 GW12 (17)

The marigolds are still holing their own, despite being front and center where the sun hits.

07-24-2016 GW12 (21)

The potato vine has some new growth on it this week.  I credit fertilizer.  The sweet alyssum though are still pretty puny.

07-24-2016 GW12 (23)

I’m so glad I put this pot near the door!  It’s so nice to walk outside and see a bright spot of color greeting me.

07-24-2016 GW12 (25)

Pansies in re-bloom.  These pansies are doing great, thankfully!  Which is why I suspect that I got a bad pack with the others.  If something was wrong with the pansies in general, this pot would also be heading south.

07-24-2016 GW12 (27)

Only a few more blooms left on the lilies.  The grounds crew that comes in to cut the grass keeps nipping my lily leaves with their weed-whacker.  I think I may have to stake the lilies next year to keep them from leaning so far forward.  But, the sun!  They are reaching for the sun! 

07-24-2016 GW12 (38)

Such is the state of the garden this week.  How’s yours doing?

All rights reserved by GardenNess

cross posted on my daily blog

 

 

*****

To see all my pictures from the garden this week,

you can click either the link or the image below.

Thanks for looking!

2016 Garden Weekly 12 | Flickr

2016 Garden Weekly 12//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

 

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment