Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday In Bloom

Well, I still haven’t put anything in pots yet.  Can you believe we’ve had three frost warnings in the past week?!  I’m waiting to see how far the temps drop tonight (Sunday night #3 warning as I write this), in case I need to hurry out and put something over my plants.  Typically, when temps get down to the mid 30sF I don’t worry too much.  My patio is pretty much out of the elements, and the plants in the ground are close enough to the building to be out of harm’s way.  But tonight they were saying it might get down a couple degrees below freezing.  So I’m nervous.  In the meantime, while I wait for things to warm up a bit, I’ve been doing prep work.  I got all my pots ready for their new dwellers.  I didn’t clean anything out after last Autumn so that was quite a job.  Note to self: don’t do that again you dumbass! 

I also got the new “extensions” put down.  Woohoo!  I wrapped the mulch area around the entire patio and moved many of the pots from the patio onto the new area.  That, in addition to getting rid of the grill, should make the patio seem a tad more roomy. 

I got some new wire for the hanging pots.  Hopefully that will eliminate the problem of the pots falling off the hangers when I water them! 

Plus, I want to move my lavender plant to a different spot in the little front patch, but that has to wait until all this “freeze warning” crap is over.  Go AWAY Winter, it’s time for you to go home now, seriously!

20170507_161741
Nice sun glare, huh?  I’m so glad I got those big square pots out of this front patch though.  They felt like a distraction somehow.

20170507_161818
Clean up clean up!  I got all the Autumn leaves cleaned out of the little side patch under the bedroom window.  What a mess!

20170507_161827
It’s a wrap!  New fencing and mulch all the way around now!  I love how the pots look. 

Hopefully, all the plants will be in their new pot homes by next week.  *fingerscrossed* 

Will you be gardening this year?

All rights reserved by GardenNess


No comments:

Post a Comment