Monday, June 5, 2017

Monday In Bloom

Can you believe the size of those lily bushes?!  They’re even bigger than last year!  AND I saw buds on the daisy plant Sunday, too, woohoo! 

The purple sage in the background is really blooming too, it’s even bigger than last week and last week I thought it was as intense as it was going to get.

06-04-2017 GW05 (3)

It was pretty warm Sunday afternoon when I went out to take my weekly pictures.  Thankfully, it wasn’t too humid, so I guess it was kind of like Phoenix.  You know, that whole “dry heat” thing.  I’ve always just called that an oven๐Ÿ˜‰
06-04-2017 GW05 (51)

The corner patch is starting to settle in and bloom – can you see the pretty yellow osterspemum?  We’ll just call those daisybushes from now on, okay?  I got one for each of the square pots and I think they’re really going to shine.  *fingerscrossed* 
06-04-2017 GW05 (6)

Likewise, the side patch is also starting to finally settle in.  I do seem to still have some pesky pests so I’ll be treating again with the diatomaceous earth this week. 
06-04-2017 GW05 (5)

This little pot I think has captured my eye the most this week.  That pop of hot pink/red was unexpected (I wasn’t sure what color some of the plants would end up being) and it’s very eye-catching against the white sweet alyssum.  The light purple sweet alyssum combined with the dark purple verbena really makes my eye happy, too.  I think this pot will be one to watch this season.  ๐Ÿ™‚
06-04-2017 GW05 (14)

This pot of pansies is really shining, so colorful!  Unfortunately, its sister pot still isn’t doing very well.  I’ve lost at least one, probably 4 plants from the other pot.  I don’t think my chipmunky nemesis has returned, but the pot is still suffering.  I don’t know what’s causing it, but I think it’s the same pot I had similar troubles with last year.  I shuffled pots around after the Winter so I’m not 100% positive.  If that pot continues to fail, I’ll just dump the soil and give it a good bleach scrub down at the end of the season and start fresh next year. 
06-04-2017 GW05 (21)

These two – *dreamysigh*  Those colors together just make me feel all melty inside.  I wasn’t sure when I planted these pots how that bright turquoise would play with these plant textures and colors but wow, I am so happy with how they’ve turned out.  ๐Ÿ™‚
06-04-2017 GW05 (22)06-04-2017 GW05 (28)

Yellow daisybushes!  They are so cheery!
06-04-2017 GW05 (25)

The new little lavender is still surviving.  So far so good, especially for a plant purchased online. 
06-04-2017 GW05 (43)

The hanging baskets are still doing pretty good, too.  I always worry about them more than the other pots.  I guess because they seem to dry out faster and more frequently than the other pots. 
06-04-2017 GW05 (45)06-04-2017 GW05 (46)

Purple! 
06-04-2017 GW05 (44)

So that’s how my garden is growing this week!  How’s yours coming along?

All rights reserved by GardenNess

To see all my pictures from the garden this week,

you can click either the link or the image below.

Thanks for looking!

2017 Garden Weekly 05 | Flickr

2017 Garden Weekly 05

//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment