Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday In Bloom

It was a lovely day Sunday when I went out to water.  A tiny bit muggy but overall, lovely.  And of course it started to rain a couple hours later.  As I was taking my last picture, the drops started coming.  Slow at first, until we had a downpour.  Those rains are sure hit or miss for me.  If they don’t come at a certain angle, the plants closest to the wall won’t get a drop. 

I haven’t deadheaded.  At this point, I’m not sure I will.  Last week was so busy for me, and this week coming up will be, too, as it’s the last week of our school vacation and I have to get tons of stuff ready for classes next Monday.  Yikes!  I am so glad I “pre-recorded” all my posts for the September 19-Something Challenge I’ve been doing or I’d have probably failed at that one, lol.  So deadheading is going to have to take a back seat to everything else I have going on.  And I can’t even begin to tell you how much I miss my blog and all of you.  I feel like I haven’t read anything for days.  Not related to gardening, but if you’re the praying type, I would ask for prayer for my friend going through a divorce.  Things are piling up for her and she is overwhelmed and hurting and … I. Worry.  On another unrelated note, a friend came into town for a visit and I got to spend some time with her.  She’s one of the ladies who used to work here, so there was lots of laughing going on at the office, lol. 

ACCU 2016-09-25 Phone

It was an awesome storm, by the way.  Not enough thunder and lightning though but it did downpour pretty hard for a few minutes.  So, awesome but not epic, lol. 

Things are starting to slow down and relax quite a bit.  I did see that something has been digging in one of few remaining pansy pots, although my friend frog from the last 2 years didn’t show up.  Flowers are starting to die back and leaves are beginning to turn brown.  The plants know Autumn is here and are getting ready, even if the temperatures aren’t quite there yet.  I think we’re going to see a cool down this week though, with daytime temps getting –and staying, yay!- in the 60s. 
09-25-2016 GW21 (3)
09-25-2016 GW21 (4)

09-25-2016 GW21 (8)09-25-2016 GW21 (9)

I’m thinking the globe amaranth are Autumn plants.  In the last couple weeks those little magenta globes have popped up all over the plants I have, like nobody’s business!  They died back and turned brown over the Summer so I thought that was it for them, but all of a sudden, poof! 
09-25-2016 GW21 (12)

09-25-2016 GW21 (13)09-25-2016 GW21 (14)

I am sure that anyone in their right mind would tell me I overloaded this pot.  The coleus is so huge!  I just can’t get over it!  But it’s so pretty with the spikes and the Dusty Miller, I love it! 
09-25-2016 GW21 (16)

At least these mums are still bright. 
09-25-2016 GW21 (20)

Last week I noticed all these little spatters that looked like paint splashes all over my table.  I was on the phone with my friend and saying, “It almost looks like someone spilled paint on my table.”  Now I look at it and I’m like, Duh!  The tiny flower petals from the Sweet Alyssum fluttered off, it rained at some point, and made tiny white spots all over everything, lol. 
09-25-2016 GW21 (21)

The steadfast Marigolds.  I do appreciate their reliability!
09-25-2016 GW21 (24)

These mums look like they’re dying a bit already.  I was so surprised, I just got them.  I haven’t been watering them as much as the other plants, because they like it on the dryer side.  So I don’t know what’s wrong with them.  I was hoping to get more than just a couple weeks out of them.  Still, they’re kind of pretty in their dying state
09-25-2016 GW21 (27)

It’s just such a glorious shade of yellow! 
09-25-2016 GW21 (30)

These Speedwell seem to still be doing great. 
09-25-2016 GW21 (37)09-25-2016 GW21 (38)

The lavender, however, has some dead branches already.  *sigh*  They don’t show up very well in the picture, but in the middle, it’s brown. 
09-25-2016 GW21 (40)

At least the sage is still pretty happy!
09-25-2016 GW21 (41)

More of the globe amaranth popping up. 
09-25-2016 GW21 (42)

So that’s how my garden’s growing this week.  How’s yours doing?  Are you doing Autumn/Winter prep yet?

All rights reserved by GardenNess

cross-posted on my daily blog 

To see all my pictures from the garden this week,

you can click either the link or the image below.

Thanks for looking!

2016 Garden Weekly 21 | Flickr

 2016 Garden Weekly 21//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment